What to Know before Installation
- The entire ScaleSafe Home unit must be protected from freezing and direct sunlight.
- Observe the maximum pressure for the unit which is 80 psi. If pressure exceeds 80 psi, use a pressure regulator.
- Only use cold water with your unit. The temperature should not exceed 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Water flow direction is located on the top of the unit (by in & out or arrow). Make sure the water is flowing in the proper direction.
- Prefiltration is recommended. We recommend the 3/4” RUSCO Spin-Down Filter with 140 mesh screen.
- Turn off water before installation of the new unit or refill.
- Install unit in water line at entry point of home or before water heater using T-Valves before and after the unit. Be sure to mount the unit as far away as possible from any device which might cause a distortion of the venturi.
- A mounting bracket is supplied with your unit. Always be certain that you securely mount the unit using the bracket as the pipe may not support the unit without it.
- The dispenser head must be mounted horizontally so that the cartridge is directly below the dispenser head.
- For refills, twist the cartridge counter clockwise. Pull down carefully away from dispenser head. Place new cartridge into rectangular opening in dispenser head and turn clockwise until it locks. Label should face outward so that you can see the refill indicator line.
- Do not use tools to tighten cartridge into dispenser head. Hand tighten only.